Thursday

October 5

Hello,
We have all been well except Emily and I both came down with the chicken pox. We are almost better now. But we anticipate Pete, Daniel, Joy, & Laurel getting them also. Levi shouldn't get them becouse he is so young. Samantha had them before the rest of us were born.

Here is the devotional I wrote for school.

What Proverbs 10 has to say about wisdom.

Proverbs 10 tells us who is wise. It starts out by saying this: “A wise son brings joy to his to father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.” I can easily see where this verse would fit into most situations. It goes on to say that “The wise in heart accept commands, but the chattering fool comes to ruin.” If you stop and listen to others, you often can save yourself, and those around you, from trouble. Proverbs 10 also tells us that when you hate it stirs up anger, but love forgives.

Next, it tells us that “Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning.” I think that means if you seek counsel from someone who has experienced many things in their life, then you will find wise counsel.

In my opinion, verses 14 and 19 go along with each other when say “Wise men store up knowledge.” and, “He who holds his tongue is wise.” Because you can’t store up knowledge very well when you are always talking.

Another thing Proverbs 10 teaches is that wise people know when and what to say. Verses 30 & 32 show us that when they say: “The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom.” and, “The lips of the righteous know what is fitting. One more thing Proverbs 10 has to say is that, “The righteous stand firm forever.” I think that verse 27, “The fear of the Lord adds length to life.” and verse 30 “The righteous will never be uprooted.” go along with that verse well.

After studying Proverbs 10 I think very few people are truly wise.



I hope this encorages someone as they read it.

Paige

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paige,
That's a neat devotional!